Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thanksgiving & Praise


My heart is filled with the love of the Lord. My head is filled with pain, anguish, despair. As hard as I try at times, I cannot put my arms around JOY, PEACE & CONTENTMENT. Have you ever had times in your life where you felt this way? You know all the right ways to be, but just can't find it within yourself to be or do it? I love the Lord my God with all my heart, and I realize that most of what my struggles are of my own doing. I also realize that God sees everything BEFORE it enters into my life. So I ask the question...Why am I so important to Him? Why does He continue to believe in me when I can't? Because I am like the rest of the world; I do not feel worthy and I am such a HUMAN. When God looks at me according to His word, he sees a likeness of Him. WOW!!! Now I really feel small....I realize that He created us to be Christ Like...Right now that is extremely hard for me to do. I get so caught up in "ME" that I cannot see His Likeness...

We all become burdened and cumbersome by our own feelings, life and surroundings that we truly do forget who is in control..We should always Thank our Father even in times of sorrow, hurt, pain and loss. Times have not been easy for my family right now and we are enduring things that we never thought we would have to endure, but I have to Thank God and rejoice in the fact that He is STILL IN CONTROL and He is STILL MY HEAVENLY GRACIOUS FATHER..

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.2 Serve the Lord with gladness;come before his presence with singing. 3 Know ye that the Lord He is God;it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves;we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. 5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting;and his truth endureth to all generations."Psalm 100

We have to as individuals, county, country, world acknowledge who He is and praise him even when we are suffering.

I don't know about you, but knowing this has really made me look a little differently TODAY at my own situations and understanding. I am so thankful, grateful that He never gives up on me even when the world does...

May your day be blessed by this today and Know that God loves you and so do I as a child of God...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sheila!! I know it's all in His hands.. I just have to rely on Him.

    ReplyDelete