Saturday, July 18, 2009

Reflection



As I sit here today and reflect on the last few weeks; I am amazed and thrilled..As I look at my life with cancer, how far we have come from 12 years ago and see a community stand up and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...My personal goal for Relay was that 1st and foremost people would know that this is not an ALONE disease and 2ndly to bring awareness to our little community, hidden in the Blue Ridge Mountains, a community that only gets spot lighted for the ugly things that occur. I am so proud to be a part of Nelson and what we have done for the American Cancer Society. Who knew??I never could understand why at a time in my life when it did not matter if I lived or died; already dealing with so much pain and hurt that God would allow this to enter into my life, now looking back 12 years I know. I am a better person BECAUSE of cancer. I look at people differently. I try to have empathy and compassion as I don't know what they are dealing with on day to day basis. I am so thankful that God felt I was worthy enough to endure this nasty word. I have learned to say Thank You God for NOT being finished with me yet. That I am important enough that He wants to continue His work in me. I am not perfect and Lord knows I have many minus's, but the best part is that He loves me enough to want to teach me. He suffered for me, why should I not have to suffer??How can we enjoy the view on top if we have never seen the bottom?? Something to think about......


This picture represents God's Love and my hat is off to these people. Some who are still enduring and others who can say I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment